Category Archives: Uncategorized
We have just been informed that Judo Manitoba has cancelled all Judo classes for this week. We will post more information as soon as we know. Thanks for understanding.
Just a reminder, this will be the last class until after Christmas. Classes resume January 4th.
Portage Judo Club classes cancelled tonight November 17th, 2021.
The following forms are required to be filled and sent or brought in the first class that the member attends. Participation will not be allowed without these forms.
- Judo Manitoba Waiver (required for all members 18 years old and older)
- Judo Manitoba – Assumption of Risk (required for all members younger than 18 years old)
To keep all as safe as possible the following guidelines for participants are in place:
Please stay home if:
- You have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- You have traveled outside of Manitoba Health’s prescribed geographic boundaries in the past 14 days should stay home.
- You have had contact with people showing symptoms of illness consistent with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
Considerations for those attending:
- If you have risk factors, such as age 60 years or over, or chronic medical conditions including asthma, or you live with someone who has risk factors, you are not excluded from judo practice, but must carefully weigh the risks vs benefits of attending judo practices.
- Wearing of non-medical masks is not required, but is recommended by some and can be permitted if a judoka wishes to do so. But if the mask becomes soiled, damp, or needs to be adjusted frequently resulting in frequent touching of the face, it should not be used.
Upon arrival at the club:
- Anyone entering the club will have their temperature taken.
- The name of each participant and accompanying person(s) entering the club will be recorded to allow for any follow up should a case of COVID-19 case be associated with the club.
- Participants should have all the necessary items to attend the practice (judo bag, water bottle(s), sandals – no shoes in the dojo and must not walk barefoot off the mats) and something to store all personal items.
- Participants should come to the club already dressed in appropriate gym or judogi apparel as the change rooms will not be available.
- Participants should use outside washroom facilities as close in time as possible before coming to practice as on-site washrooms will only be available for extenuating circumstances.
- Participants will be instructed about hand and food hygiene/ sanitization and physical distancing protocols when they arrive.
- Limited seating for parents/guardians will be available with appropriate physical distancing between family units.
Back at home and after each session:
- Participants should take a shower.
- Participants should wash their judogi/gym apparel.
The recent government announcement has impacted a number of changes to Stride Place and will affect all users.
Effective Friday September 3rd only individuals who are double vaccinated will be able to enter the building. Please come prepared to show both your vaccine card and your ID. We will have someone at the south entrance scanning vaccination cards and checking IDs prior to admittance.
At this time, it is not a requirement for youth under the age of 17 to be fully vaccinated to participate in youth recreational sports. We will not require proof of vaccination for anyone under the age of 17 if they are participating in scheduled youth programming.
Youth under 17 and over 11 will not be permitted without proof of vaccination to enter Stride Place for any reason other than participating in organized sports.
Ineligible youth, children up to 11 years old, will be able to enter the facility with an accompanying adult who meets the vaccination requirement.
Masks continue to be mandatory while in the facility unless you are engaging in physical activity.
As we have in the past, we will continue to follow all Health Orders and will evolve as they do.
We thank you for your continued support and patience during these times.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org stating name,age,and phone contact info.
I will place student into appropriate class and confirm.
First class 6:30-715 for ages 8-12 beginner or novice judoka
Second class 7:20-8:00 for ages 8-12 advanced judok
Third class 8:05-9:30 for ages 13 and older both novice and advanced
First classes start on September 21 and classes run till April 28,2022
Please arrive approximately 1/2 hour early for class as you will have to sign Covid contact sheet and have your temperature taken remotely.
Fees will remain the same as 2019 which is $250 for U12 and $270 for 13 and over age group.
If you have no e-mail access you may call me on my cell 204-856-3684.
On Tuesday of last week I made a phone call that started the wheels rolling on the search to find a new head coach for the Portage Judo Club.
A couple of health issues, which I need attending to this winter, a one-year-old grandson in Alberta whom I have only been able to visit once since he was born and fifty plus years of judo wear and tear on my body have added up to convince me this is the time to let someone else run the club.
I will never abandon the club and if no suitable judoka applies before the start of this season I will stay on and run things until a suitable replacement has been found.
Manitoba is blessed with an abundance of very talented and successful judoka who I feel would be a better choice to pass on their knowledge and keep this club as one of the most popular in the province.
I have booked our facility to start first classes on September 21, 2021 as long as Covid 19 protocols allow us to do so. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to call my cell at 204-256-3684.
Further information about registering for classes will be up on the website shortly.
Limited number of Judo Manitoba masks available. $10.00 each. Sizes XS-L.
Please contact Brian Case if interested @ 204.856.3684